HIFU FOR FACE, NECK & BODY COURSE
High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for Fat Removal, Skin Lift and Skin Tightening for the Face, Neck and Body is the newest course in the aesthetic field.
- This course qualifies you for CPD points and insurance cover.
- We cover core knowledge behind the treatment followed by extensive practical training to ensure that all our graduates are fully competent and can safely and effectively carry out HIFU treatments on the Face, Neck and Body.
- We will provide an Academy Diploma.
HIFU FOR FACE, NECK & BODY TREATMENT
HIFU for the Body is a non-invasive fat reduction treatment that targets subcutaneous adipose tissue by utilising High Intensity Ultrasound energy, causing thermal coagulation to fat cells. The energy penetrating the skin destroys the adipose tissue, releasing triglycerides. The damaged cells attract and draw macrophage to the treated area. Microphage engulf and clear away adipose cells following the body’s natural metabolic processes.
HIFU for the Body not only helps to reduce adipose tissue without damaging the skin, but the positive impact of the temperature also stimulates fibroblasts and shrinks collagen which has the overall effect of skin tightening.
HIFU for the Face and Neck is one of the most popular treatments in the industry as results can last from 1 to 2 years, leading High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) to be known as the “non-surgical alternative to the face-lift”.
HIFU for Face and Neck treatment, energy is delivered deep beneath the skin at appropriate temperatures, at three separate chosen levels (4.5mm, 3.0mm and 1.5mm). This heat causes the formation of a series of thermal coagulation points at approximately 1mm cubed. Temperatures between 60 – 70 degrees centigrade lead to collagen denaturation, leading collagen to quickly go about repairing itself. Collagen re-modelling, as well as visible changes, can be seen immediately after the treatment but the full benefits are expected to be seen three months after the treatment.
Age and gravity effects on our skin are offset by non-invasive HIFU treatment using the body’s own recuperative powers to lift the skin of the face, neck, under the chin, and décolleté, lift eyebrows and smooth wrinkles and lines. It is safe and effective. HIFU treats tissue otherwise only reached by surgery. HIFU can go beneath the surface of the skin without breaking the outer skin and reach into the dermis and SMAS layer. It is suitable for men as well as women.
High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) Treatment benefits
- Often one single treatment can lead to great improvements that will continue to develop as the body continues to produce new collagen.
- The precise delivery of energy ensures safety and accuracy, avoiding damage to the skin, surrounding tissue and internal organs.
- Use of HIFU for the reduction of subcutaneous fat, skin lift and skin tightening does not produce any acute, long-term adverse effects.
- This treatment delivers a high level of client satisfaction.
UNIT 1- Safe and effective methods of working when carrying out treatments:
- Health and safety
- Data protection act
- Client modesty, privacy and confidentiality
UNIT 2- Anatomy and Physiology, and other science relevant to the treatment:
- Relevant Anatomy and Physiology of the skin
- Stages of skin laxity
- Muscles in the face and neck, and their position
- Nerves in the face and neck, and their position
- Science behind High Intensity Focused Ultrasound
- Science behind HIFU for Fat Reduction
- SMAS layer
- Thermal coagulation points
- Depth of skin layers and corresponding transducers
- Wound healing process
- Fat types
- Fat Distribution
- Role of fat in the body
- Selecting different equipment and the benefits associated
- Cartridge type
- Areas suitable for treatment
- Treatment duration
- Protocols including frequency, intensity etc
- Benefits for the client and clinic
UNIT 3 – Planning, preparing and consulting client before treatment and understanding the organisational and legal obligations of performing treatments:
- Client consultation
- Marking areas suitable for treatment, as well as marking the position of the nerves
- Contra indications and actions
- Client suitability
- Risks and side effects
- Realistic expectations
- Areas suitable for treatment and areas that MUST be avoided
- Choice of transducer and treatment depth
UNIT 4 – Carrying out treatments:
- Live Demo
- Treatment techniques
UNIT 5 – Handling equipment and electrical safety:
- Importance of using contact medium
- Appropriate choice of transducer
- Spacing between the TCPs (Thermal Coagulation Points)
- Making sure you do not overlap the treatment areas
- Appropriate treatment settings
- Administering the appropriate number of shots
- Warning signs and danger zones to be aware of during the treatment and how to respond
- Importance of client feedback throughout the treatment and stopping treatment if it is necessary
UNIT 6 – Providing aftercare to the client:
- Returning clients and treatment maintenance
- Alternative treatment suggestions
- Equipment advice regarding consumables etc
NB: We expect students to have read the course materials fully prior to attending the onsite course at the Academy of Advanced Beauty.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE COURSE
- Open to experienced therapists only with one or more of the following qualifications:
- NVQ Level 3 Beauty or equivalent
- VTCT Level 2 in Beauty with facial and body electrical treatments
- Nurse / Dental Nurse
- Dentist – or dental practitioner
- Level 4 Micropigmentation with Level 3 A&P
To check if you will be able to undertake courses please call insurance. (We will suggest insync cosmetic insurance).